Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring is Here!

Spring is here, and the spring-like weather might even be here to stay as well. Sunday was in the low 80s – although it was extremely windy too, and then after the sun went down, the temps dropped 30 degrees, and our high was only near 50 yesterday! But it looks like today and the rest of the week we’re supposed to have nice 60s. :)

Here’s what we are or will be working on this spring now that the weather is turning nicer:

*Swing set for the kids: This is one of Jock’s spring projects. We decided on our budget, and then he decided to design/build his own instead of paying for a kit for a smaller one or paying to have an even smaller one installed. It will be really nice for the kids (and the adults?) once it’s finished!

*Garden: I need to plan out what I’m going to plant this year, and how to arrange the things in the garden. I also need to figure out how to control bugs this year, so we can actually get some squash and zucchini, and our tomatoes don’t get as many pits.

*Landscaping: Our front foundation landscaping kind of got out of control last year - weeds, a dead shrub, a few more shrubs not doing very well, etc. We need to do some work out there!

*Kids spring/summer clothes switch-out: It seems like I JUST did this for fall/winter clothes! It came too fast. I already went through a box of clothes for Kaylen - just have to get a few items to supplement the awesome hand-me-downs. I got a big bag of summer clothes for Elijah for $40 on Craigslist, so he's outfitted for the summer! I got the next size tub out for Josephine of Kaylen's hand-me-downs. I hope many of them fit, but they're built totally different so I don't know.

*Soccer: Kaylen is playing spring soccer for the first year. Last spring she was sad that she couldn't play, so this fall we switched her from the city Parks & Rec league to the more formal league in town so she could play two seasons (city P&R only has a fall season). She had her first game Saturday, and has 7 more to go - but thankfully they're off for Easter and Memorial Day weekend. Practices are two evenings a week, so our weeknights are now busier also.

*BlastBall: This is a pre-curser to t-ball for 4-year-olds, so we signed up both Elijah and Josephine. They basically will hit off a tee and run the bases, to get the basics of the game. It should be interesting. They start up in May, and I think it goes 6 Saturdays, so it may get fun juggling Soccer and Blastball schedules.

What projects do you have planned this spring?

No comments: