When it was time for the children to go up front, Josephine did NOT scream and cry for me, in terror of the loud music! I did go into the sanctuary before the service - when the praise band was practicing. I'd been there Wednesday evening when some of the kids were practicing, and saw where they were placing the preschoolers and elementary kids. The preschoolers were in front of the monitors (that feed the sound back to the musicians so they know what they sound like), so hopefully in a less-noisy spot. I explained that to her and pointed out the spots, and she said she could be brave but still seemed a little reluctant. Then when I left her in her class, she was a little clingy. Her teacher knows she has trouble with the loud-ness, and I talked to her when I dropped her off, and told her where I was planning to sit, just in case.
She surprised us all! She did awesome! She even thoroughly enjoyed it! She was dancing and singing up there with the best of them. She was so proud of herself afterwards, that she was brave.
A smile and dancing to the music right off the bat - before they even started singing and all the kids were in place. :)

I couldn't get Elijah to smile at me when he looked up at me - looked bored and disinterested up there. But you'll have those days. Kaylen's in the back row in a pink top - she doesn't like getting up in front of everyone either, but does OK in a group. I think she was also tired - as evidenced by the yawn in the next video. ;)


I didn't get a very good video. I couldn't see Josephine very well from where we were sitting - her friend Abby was right in front of her, but you can sort of see her dancing and waving her palm branch. But we can see Elijah & Kaylen singing in this one.
It was such a success for Josephine, that we decided to stay and have them sing for the second service too. Kaylen and Elijah were ready to go home and weren't thrilled but obliged. Josephine was excited! This service, Kaylen ended up right in front of the cross, still in the back row. Josephine is still in the center, right behind a girl in a pink plaid dress (she kept turning around to look at the worship leader). Elijah is slightly right of center in the front.


Second service I got a better video, but then my memory card ran out of space. At least I got a little bit of each of them singing!
No comments:
Post a Comment