
Wishing my grandma a very happy 95th birthday today!
What a special lady she is! She's always been a picture of love and honor and strength in our family. She's a wonderful follower of Christ, and has shared that with everyone she knows in what she does and says, ever since I was a young child. She was a wonderful cook and baker. She knew how to show her grandkids a fun time - whether it was going for ice cream on a sunny summer afternoon, or camping at the lake for a week. Once we were grown or too busy for summer vacations with Grandma and Grandpa, she kept up with us by attending our school activities. She also wrote the best letters when I was in college - remember when it was awesome to receive mail - now we call it snail mail?!? :)
Wow, what wonderful memories I have of my grandma! It's definitely something to strive for in life, to have such a good role model. Will I be able to share such fun times with my grandchildren? Will they still think grandma's cookies are the best, and that a camping trip to the lake is fun?
hard for me to share with my kids how awesome my grandparents were when I was growing up, and they don't understand because when we go to visit grandma, she can't get around very well anymore. I only wish someday that I can become such a wonderful lady that her grandkids look up to, and remember the fun times with a big smile.
My kids were off school on Monday, for President's Day, so we sat down to make birthday cards for her. It was fun to tell them stories of what I did with my grandparents when I was their age. And it's funny to see their response, when the great-grandma they know can't get around very well anymore. Oh, if they could only see how fun she and Grandpa were! :)
I also included a photo of our family and a personal hand-written note for Grandma. I know she still likes to read, and I hope she's able to enjoy it.
I love you, Grandma!
No comments:
Post a Comment