... to keep from getting really annoyed at having hair in her eyes. Daddy convinced her to want to grow out her bangs. So, Saturday I braided the back half, leaving a bit of the others, since they curled up a bit. They stayed in really well until her shower tonight. I didn't think to take pictures until I took it out - we all laughed so hard at her "wrinkled hair":

And, Today's new 'do:


12 comments:
Cute. Looks like you'll be ready to do Celena's.
looks like someones been quite the crafty one lately! Looks cute!
Gosh Kathy - I don't know yet about Celena's hair. That's going to take a lot of work.
Karen - you have to teach me how to do the upside-down braids. Isn't that how I will have to do Josephine's? The regular ones I'm used to somehow break their hair or something?
By the way - one of Kaylen's new braids (the front one with all the bangs) fell out today. The stocking cap isn't good for the braids - those little pieces just won't stay in there. Better than freezing her ears off though! Man, it's cold!!! Maybe will have to try barrettes and headbands. I can't keep doing this every day or two! At least with Josephine's I'm hearing I'll only have to redo them every few weeks once I get it down - if I'm lucky. :)
I am so lucky. Eliana wants to do hair when she is older and she fixes everyone's hair...she even braids her dad's arm hair. Too bad you don't live closer...she is always bemoaning that she doesn't have enough people to practice on.
yah her hair will be a lot different to work with than Kaylen's and those upside down braids are hard to get down when your used to the other ones. I'm excited to work with Josie's hair!
I just corn row Jasmine's hair or put twists in it. Twists are so easy and always look good. My corn rowing could use a little help but I don't know anyone to work with me on it. Beads cover a multitude of mistakes : )
Kathy - the twists I think I could handle. Those look a little easier until I get the hang of things.
Karen - have you had much practice with textured hair? I'm so glad I have you to help me out.
By the way - no braids for Kaylen tonight. She was too whiney tonight - it's the middle-of-the-week tiredness that sets in, so Weds is usually one of her early nights. Also, we had our foster licensing support worker come visit to tell us of the new changes that have gone into effect this year. Next week we have our renewal visit with our licensing worker. Sheesh - can we get any busier?!
Natalie - that's so fun that Eliana likes doing other people's hair. Do your younger girls like her to fix up their hair? That's probably a big help to you. Yes, if you were further North, she could have a couple more to practice on! :)
hey lisa, know just what you mean with the fall outs. laura uses a foamy mousse (sp) to keep the fly-aways in place and it works well. the braids look great. grandma's talent came through to everyone! kathie
Thanks Kathie - I thought of trying some hair gel too, but haven't tried it yet. I haven't had time to braid her hair since Monday, so she's been wearing headbands. I'm not sure it'd help those short pieces or not, but will give the mouse and/or gel a try.
Also... you really shouldnt braid hair or put it up at all when its wet because it will break off easier when its wet. I know its easier to do when its wet but if you can use gel on dryish hair instead of wet hair it would be better for the hair
just FYI
Awww, Karen. Why do you have to be so logical. I spose you're right though - after all you did study this stuff, right?! I'm going to give it a try with some gel that I got yesterday. Not tonight though - it's been a long day, and it's going to be bedtime almost as soon as she's done with supper and her shower.
Post a Comment