Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Coffee Fundraiser

An article titled, "US Organizations Need Help to Feed More in Haiti," caught my eye this evening, as For His Glory is also actively working on fundraising. There are many efforts under way, to suit just about any interest. Periodically, I'm going to be sharing information about them. If you'd like more information, please let me know, and I'll email you the details. There is quite a diverse group on the fundraising committee, so there's bound to be something you're be interested in.

The first fundraiser I'm aware of is selling coffee as part of their Raise the Rent Campaign. The orphanage pays rent in 6-month increments, and just over $14,000 is due in May. A generous donor has pledged a $5,000 matching donation. There are many varieties of coffee (whole beans or ground) that are for sale - organic, fair trade, several signature blends or single origin beans. They sell regular or decaf of most of their varieties. They also sell espresso and syrups. They donate between $4 and $7 per bag to the fundraiser.




You Are a Frappacino



At your best, you are: fun loving, sweet, and modern

At your worst, you are: childish and over indulgent

You drink coffee when: you're craving something sweet

Your caffeine addiction level: low




OK - I cheated on this quiz - did it several times until I found something that wasn't too off-base with my true self - but it still wasn't quite right. I couldn't decide on an answer for several questions, as I'm not a coffee drinker or even much of a caffiene drinker. So if there'd have been none-of-the-above answers on a few of these, that'd be me. However, I know many of you are coffee drinkers, so this one's for you!

Watch for more on other fundraisers soon...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow i took that quiz and it was totally off. said i was an esspresso and i drink coffee all the time. HAHA -Karen

Kathy Cassel said...

I don't do coffee at all. That's why I had the soda one on my girl's blog a while back.
http://just4christiangirls.blogspot.com/