Sunday, March 8, 2009

Encouraging Verses

Back in January, a fellow adoptive mom (who brought her son home from Haiti this past week - congrats Mary and Josh!!!), shared a challenge that her pastor gave their congregation - to read all 4 gospels between then and Easter - one chapter per day. What a blessing this has been for me!

The waiting for the adoption process has been hard, but this challenge has kept me encouraged by the Word. Some of my favorites so far are referenced below. Look them up and read the context. There are many situations in everyone's life that these apply to:

Mark 9:22-24, 29: "But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us." ... " 'If you can'?" said jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes." ... "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief." ... "This kind can come out only by prayer."

Mark 10:27: "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God."

Mark 11:22-24: "Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."

Luke 5:12b-13a: "Lord, if you are willing, you can _____." Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. "I am willing," he said.

No comments: