We still have heard of no communication with our orphanage since 20 minutes after the earthquake hit - nothing with the aftershocks, overnight, security, building damage, water, etc. Someone posted of Facebook this morning that a missionary family reported they were safe, and we are clinging to that.
This should be the least thing on my mind with safety, health, and tragedy abounding, but I'm sick about our adoption process. Our children had adoption decrees, and have our last name. We were near the end of the process, but waiting on passports and visas. I don't know if there are copies of our dossier anywhere - at our lawyer's office or at the orphanage. Nobody has heard from our adoption lawyer in Haiti either - that we know of. He is based in the Carrefour area of Port-au-Prince, where the epicenter was.
We are going to be contacting our government representatives (house rep/senators) to see what our options are as far as humanitarian/emergency visas. I saw the MSN article about the family in Washington, but without copies of our adoption decrees, etc, I'm not sure what is even possible. We had contacted our senators/rep last month regarding the DNA testing, so we've already established that connection, so maybe that can help.
Jock is feeling God telling him to go, now. I'm struggling with this, and obviously is a prayer concern. We need to be together on this decision. Pray for God to make it clear to both of us what he is to do.
Anyway, please keep praying. Things are very stressful and scary right now. Too many questions, not enough answers.
3 comments:
Praying for you Lisa.
It's good to know of these specific points to pray over for you guys.
Praying for you both
Post a Comment