There are so many things going on in our lives right now, but wanted to take a moment away from all that here. Five years ago today we lost my mom to breast cancer. We love her and miss her, but know she is at home with Jesus, and we'll see her again someday.
Photos and a post from here still apply. One of my favorite songs to listen to and remember my mom: "Dancing with the Angels" by Monk & Neagle. You can find it on YouTube or can google it!
4 comments:
Oh we understand. I watched my husband cry bittersweet tears when we arrived in Omaha with Kenson as he was so happy to have Kenson home and so sad that his mom was not there to share that moment with us. It is hard, especially when you know how much they would have loved to be at that moment physically. I won't even pretend to understand heaven but I am believing my God who is compassionate and loving and delights in us has some type of plan where our loved ones don't miss a moment of those joyfilled times we go through on earth.
Yes, Kayla. Thanks. Choosing to believe that she's watching down on us and smiling.
I want to believe that God gives them a window to our loved ones to see and experience those moments with us... there is no doubt that God is smiling at all that is going on in your lives right now! The anniversary of my dad's death was a couple weeks ago too and I know it is difficult during these times that you really want to share with them. Lots of love and prayers!
Lisa, I've thought of you so much this weekend. Yesterday as I pulled open the bulletin in church to read it, right there on the prayer request insert was your name. I thought it was cool to have that connection, that someone in our church wanted the whole body to be praying for you guys, and then it hit me. After your name, it made the connection of who you are - the daughter of... Wow, I just sat there. I know that you tried making those connections for me but I don't really know your family and I'm a visual person. But I remember your mom's illness, and Ryan's trips out to the Shaffer dairy. I prayed for you in that time yesterday and had no clue that it was 5 years ago. Funny how God uses what He wants to use to put things on our hearts. I've already been praying for your family's adoption process and moreso recently so when I read the prayer card insert, it tugged at my heart to pray for your loss of your mom.
Praying for your emotions this week!!!
Post a Comment