(Sorry for those of you irritated by such private matters, or annoyed the incessant nature of this topic. If you've been here before, you probably understand how both stressed and excited we moms get about such topics. :)
Elijah has only had one accident in his underwear at daycare all this week - although I haven't picked him up yet today - and he's not going tomorrow. That one accident was wetting at naptime, when his teacher had to leave right before naptime and forgot to tell the assistant that he wears a pull-up at naptime at daycare. She apologized profusely, which wasn't needed - I expect there to be accidents from time to time, so it's OK. It actually probably helps him when he does have an accident because he learns how yucky it is to be wet all over, and I think it helps him learn to hold it longer - which he's been doing a great job with.
He's continuing to tell us (and daycare teachers) when he has to go #2 - even when it was in a rush because we'd all pigged out on sweet-corn the night before! But still not very good at telling us when he has to go pee-pee.
Also, Jock said something this morning about his owie clearing up, but since he was wet this morning it was about the same as yesterday... What?!? What do you mean since he was wet?!? You mean he wasn't wet one morning?!? Yup!!! He said Elijah's pull-up was dry yesterday morning when he woke up!!! I almost cannot believe it, except that Jock wouldn't lie or joke about such things. Maybe we won't be wearing pull-ups at bedtime forever after all!!! :)
... and because Josephine doesn't like to be left out when we praise Elijah for being dry ("I dry! I dry! I dry!", until we acknowledge/praise her too), I'll just say she hasn't had any accidents at daycare or at home (or anywhere else) for quite some time (I've stopped keeping track) - and she's still not wearing pull-ups at all. I don't have to even tell her when/how often to go except we do at bedtime, in the morning, or before we go somewhere.
1 comment:
Yeah!! You're almost there.
Post a Comment