Saturday, February 12, 2011

Farrell's 5-week Testing

This morning was my 5-week testing. I wasn't sure how it was going to go, because I've been battling a head cold. All week I've had a dry scratchy throat in the mornings and my voice has sounded funny. I still made it to training every day, just had to take more water breaks. Yesterday I went to my regular cardio training in the morning, and had to take a nose-blowing break in addition to my additional water breaks. Then later in the morning I had a nasty headache, was very stuffed up and had a runny nose all day.

I was hoping this morning that I'd wake up feeling better than I did last night, so I could get through the testing and do fairly well. Luckily, despite a runny/stuffy nose, I was feeling OK this morning when I got up. The testing went well. It was nice to see some results of all the hard work thus far.

I shaved almost two minutes off my 1-mile run - down to 10:49! Now I'm beginning to question the time I wrote down from the pre-testing. But I do remember my legs being so sore during that first run, and they weren't really this time, so maybe it's accurate. This time it was only my breathing that made me walk a few paces about 2/3 of the way through. I did that last time, and had to walk a little bit longer than today. Hopefully it'll be a little warmer for 10-week testing, and that should help in addition to the improved fitness.

The sit-ups and push-ups went REALLY well. Push-ups went from 15 to 41 in one minute. My arms were really sore when I was done, but I could have done more if given more time. At pre-testing I had to stop and take breaks in between because I was at muscle fatigue before the minute was up. My sit-ups improved from 17 to 29 - I'm not as good on those, but again it was the time being up that stopped me not the ability.

Measurements were good too. I've lost 5 pounds, and my body fat went down 2.3 percentage points. I also lost a few inches - although no change on my arms, a little at my chest and waist, but most was from my thigh/hips. I kind of figured these, because that's where my clothes are fitting differently.

So... I'm not to where I want to be yet, but the 5-week testing shows I'm going in the right direction... Motivation for the next 5 weeks!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I am very proud off you. It's not easy with a family to take time for yourself. Good for you being healthy and keeping fit. I am also trying to be healthy, but have not been the workout queen you have been, more me and my wii and the adkins diet, which is working for me. Keep up the good work!!!!!!! Love you! Kathie

Kathy Cassel said...

Stop by my blog for a book give away.

And keep up the good work!! : )