Has anyone ever been to one of these?
Jock and I had each (on our own) thought about doing something like this, so he was surprised when I asked him about it a few months ago. We'd thought about trying to squeeze it in before the holidays, but it didn't work out. So, instead we're going next month!
They're coming to our area, but it's the week of my Farrell's 10-week testing, so I didn't think I'd be able to make much of the Saturday morning sessions. We also want to make the most of the experience by actually staying at the conference hotel and making a date weekend out of it.
So we've got Grandma and Grandpa lined up to stay with the kids, and we'll be heading a few hours in the car to go have a nice weekend, just the two of us. I just got us registered today, and got the hotel reservation set up. I can't wait!
2 comments:
Fellowship of Christian Athletes always does a marriage encrichment weekend during the summer. We aren't really involved with FCA other than supporting some friends who work in their ministry but we always go to the weekend. It's just nice to slow down and think about your life as a couple.
I've wanted to go, but we never had a sitter.
Praying that you have a blessed time!
Post a Comment