


Josephine is tall and skinny. It seems she grows an inch every week – but she doesn’t – just some of her clothes make her look taller than others. She’s just a bit taller than Elijah now (she was just a bit shorter than him when they came home). She’s still about 4 lbs lighter than him though.Josephine’s doing well at daycare. She loves it, and I don’t usually hear about any behavior problems at daycare. Once in a while she’ll tell me, “I not be naughty at daycare”, and I wonder what she did that made her tell me that – but nothing that her teachers tell me usually. One day a few weeks back I walked in to see her sitting on the floor screaming – and this girl can scream! She was mad about not being able to paint at the table, because she hadn’t been obeying right before that. It took her about 5 minutes, but I finally got her to tell me what she did. She was asked to pick up, and anyone who helped pick up got to paint. She continued playing and didn’t help pick-up. Well, she wouldn’t have been able to paint anyway because I’d just arrived for pick-up, but I made her apologize to her teacher before we left.
Josephine is not afraid to stand up for herself or others – unlike Elijah who usually will shake it off and walk away. She will call someone out when they’re not being nice, and she’s got quite the feisty attitude and tone to back herself up – it’s very endearing, especially when she points at someone and says, “Be nice to my brudder!” at daycare, or “Be nice to my daddy!” when we’re teasing him at home. :)


Josephine loves to sing songs and dance. She’s not much for watching movies, unless they have a LOT of music. If they don’t she’ll usually be quietly playing with something else, then as soon as the music comes on she’ll be glued to it, dancing while standing or sitting there watching. She comes home with lots of cute little songs and rhymes from daycare. It’s funny listening to her interpretation, since she usually doesn’t get all the words out quite right. (She’s a clearer speaker than Elijah, until she gets too many words put together too quickly and they get jumbled up.)She also loves her dollies and to play with the tea-set dishes. She’s usually feeding her dolly something, or changing her clothes. The dolly clothes and accessories she got for Christmas were a HIT!
Like Elijah, Josephine knows the alphabet song, and is getting better at counting. She still only recognizes her J, but we’re working some at home on letter recognition. She doesn’t have much interest in it yet, but that’ll come when she’s moved to a preschool room at daycare this summer or fall. Her daycare parent-teacher conference is next week, but I suspect that she’ll be fairly on-target with her peers in most areas.
1 comment:
Does she like Princess and the Frog? That has some cool music. (But I watched it first so I'd know how dark the voodoo parts are and we talked about it).
Post a Comment