It's a short week, having just returned Tuesday from a trip to visit my family. But we're back from our mid-alphabet break, and we're going to try to finish all three letters by Sunday.
Not many foods start with "N", but we had Noodles last night for supper. We thought of Nuts, but that's more of a snack thing, and one of my kids doesn't like them at all, so they were out. Josephine even asked me what food we had starting with N when I pulled out the letter page for them to color. She's really getting into this! Jock read some "N" books with the kids while I took Kaylen to soccer practice tonight. They were about numbers, nuts, nickels, necklaces, etc...
For the letter "O", we're probably going to have Omelets for supper, maybe with Okra on the side and Oreos for dessert. Maybe... that's kind of a wierd combination for one meal. :) I have the coloring/writing pages printed, and checked out books about OObleck, Old McDonald, and an Owl. And really, they already know their letter "O", so we'll only spend one day on it.
We'll do "P" over the weekend. There are all sorts of options for food. I thought I'd make PePPeroni Pizza, and maybe have Jock grill some Pork steaks. We can have Peas and Peaches on the side. We'll do the coloring/writing pages, and read books about "Paddington Bear", "Pajama Pirates", and a "Pet Show". **Addendum: We also went to our town's summer Parade, and had Popcorn at the Christian Music concert. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment