Saturday, July 30, 2011

Today

Well, today didn't go quite like we'd expected, but we got a lot done.

I woke up to an email in my inbox from our translator. I then proceeded to print our translations - making a quick trip to the store to get more paper in the middle.

The kids did an awesome job with their cleaning jobs. The little kids are so funny - they have no idea what they're doing, but they're eager to help so we let them loose. I think the hardwood floor got mostly clean, as well as the half-bath bathroom mirrors, counters and floors. Kaylen swept and did the upstairs bathroom. Josephine dusted the stairway railing. The garbage cans are all emptied, the upstairs got vacuumed, and the shoes in the entryway got tidied up and swept under.

When they were almost finished with their jobs, I had all the dossier documents ready to Express-Mail to the consulate and to our agency. So I gathered a treat for the kids to reward them their tough work, and we headed to the bank to get a money order. The bank had popcorn today, so I replenished their empty Peanut M&M bowls with popcorn after the bank. Then we went to the post office.

After the post office, we stopped at the library to return and check out new books. Kaylen had finished her last library book on Thursday and had one on hold that had come in. She checked out a total of 8 books - but had one already read before we left the library. I hope she's set for books now until school starts again in two weeks. I picked out "V", "W", "X", "Y", and "Z" books for Elijah and Josephine. We started the letter "V" today (more on that later), and we should have the rest of the alphabet finished next week!

We got home from the library around 12:30, had a quick lunch and got the little kids down for their naps. I started laundry, Kaylen finished a couple chores that needed fixed (she likes to try to get away with doing things as quickly as possible). Then she played Wii until E&J woke up, while I sorted a few months worth of paperwork (you know - junk mail, kids' art pages, notes from daycare, coupons, etc.). When the little kids woke up, all three kids put on their swimsuits to play in the backyard mini-blow-up-pool and sprinklers until suppertime. I got the old net removed from the trampoline while they were playing out side. We were hoping to have the replacement net installed this weekend - but we realized the poles holding it up were damaged, so we have to order the replacement poles now too! Ugh.

After supper, I made milk shakes for dessert while the kids showered. We then read a couple "V" books. After the kids went to bed, I finished sorting adoption paperwork and receipts, cleaned out my purse, and caught up with some friends on Facebook while sort-of listening/watching TV.

Jock had a busy day as well. He cleaned the refrigerator while supervising the kids' jobs, worked on moving some more rock from the pile in our driveway to the landscaping beds, trimmed the lawn (he mowed Thursday evening), weeded the garden, got a few groceries, grilled supper, helped the little kids shower, then collapsed in his recliner with his laptop and a computer game. Yes, he's AWESOME!!!

I'm happy with all we got done - especially that the house is in much cleaner order! We didn't all get naps in (only E&J did), but tomorrow's another day. Hmmmm...

1 comment:

kayder1996 said...

Your little clues are making me crazy! =) So I know it's an international country...can't wait til you share where!