Friday, July 29, 2011

Time?

Does anyone have any? Seriously, where does the time go?!? It's in short supply around here, so I'm just going to do some brief bullet-point updates.

  • I can't believe it is nearly August already! Kaylen has just two weeks before school starts! Which means we better get working on gathering those school supplies soon, huh?! I think we have a bunch she can use for this coming year, but need to check inventory with the supply list and get what we don't already have.

  • Kaylen has two slightly-loose teeth. I didn't think she was supposed to lose any more yet. And they're the canines that are lose, not the molars which I thought were next. She did say that they hurt. In the past she's typically tried to wiggle them like crazy at the first sign of a loose tooth, so maybe she bumped one and just is trying too hard now. Hmmmm...

  • I hate to say it again, but we're still "almost done" with our dossier for our next adoption. I'd hoped to have it all legalized and back from the consulate by now, but it's been with the translator for over a week. She says she normally takes a few days, but she just returned from an overseas trip and then had a nasty storm that damaged some of their property and left them with intermittent power. New goal: hoping we'll have it completely done and ready to send August 8th.

  • VBS was this week at our church - Sunday through Thursday evenings. I was helping, and all three kids were attending, which meant we had to race home, throw some food down our throats, and get to church by 5:45 - which meant that my one slow eater had to finish dinner at breakfast every day this week. What?! You mean cucumbers or green beans are not a good breakfast?!

    We're all exhausted after being up past our bedtimes the past five nights. Josephine fell asleep on the way home from VBS last night - must have fallen asleep in the first 2 minutes in the car. We decided to go out for dinner tonight, because neither Jock nor I wanted to cook and we were out of leftovers. Elijah & Josephine were both pretty droopy-eyed in the car and at the restaurant. But we all had a lot of fun too! Elijah asked on the way home, as we passed by the church if we could go tonight, and was sad that he had to wait until Sunday. All three kids have been asking every time we get in the car if we can listen to the VBS songs. Pandamania was so much fun!

  • My sister hasn't had her baby yet, so I think we're going to just stick around home. This place needs some major cleaning and organizing! I'm sure a stop at the library is in order, as we probably have books coming due, and we had one on hold that's come in. We'll probably try to get back to the letter-learning with the preschoolers - "V" is next. The landscaping project we were working will probably resume - I'll have to post photos soon - some of the rock is in, and it looks awesome!!! And yup, some more adoption paperwork stuff to do for our agency. Jock probably wants to also work some more on the swing set, but I think we're getting a little ambitious considering how tired we all are tonight. I definitely think naps for all are in store for tomorrow. :)

No comments: