This week we only have M-Th because at least two of us, if not all 5 of us, will be in Ames for Kaylen's soccer tournament (Iowa Games) Friday and Saturday. So we have two days each for "Q" and "R".
We did "Q" Monday and Tuesday. Monday night I made Quiche for supper. I thought about making Quesedillas too, but not enough time to make a meal last night, so we just had left-overs. I also wanted to go to Dairy Queen, but that didn't happen either. We did get our coloring/letter-writing practice pages done, and read a few books: "Quiet in the Garden", "Quilt Counting", and "The Pirate Queen". (I don't recommend that last one unless your kids are older or have a much higher interest/understanding level - we just sort of skipped through it quickly and looked at the pictures.)
The kids did well with recognizing the upper-case "Q", but they have trouble with the lower-case "q". They are getting it confused with "b", "d", and "p". I suppose a normal thing for their age and for first learning their letters. We'll maybe work on these some more after we finish the rest of the alphabet.
Tonight when we got home, Elijah & Josephine colored their "R" pages, while I made Ravioli for supper. After supper, we backed up a letter, and headed to Dairy Queen for dessert. The kids had each earned four treats, from reading 20 books each during the library's summer reading program. We got out the treat cards, and looked for the "Q" on the Dairy Queen logo, and the "R"s from the "Read" stamps that the librarian and put on their cards when they earned each treat. Then headed over to DQ. We actually got 2 medium blizzards, 2 small cones, and a dilly bar, all for the price of one medium blizzard! (I had a BOGO coupon as well.) Mmmmmmm!!!
Tomorrow we'll finish the letter "R" with the letter-writing practice page. We'll also read a book about Rain and one about a Rhinoceros. Should be fun! Then next week we'll start "S" on Sunday.
1 comment:
S for their Schmitz cousins----!
Post a Comment