Sunday, January 1, 2012

Starting 2012

Happy New Year! What are my New Year's Resolutions? Well, I don't really make them, per se. I do try to set some goals every year, and then revisit them every month or two to see how I'm doing. Like most New Year's resolutions, I don't always do very well on them, but I still like to set the goals.

Uncharacteristically, the weight/health goals I made last year are the ones that I did the best on. I started at Farrell's in January, completed my first 10-week challenge in March, and then joined with an annual membership. I see-sawed a bit for the next 6 months, but then did a 10-week FIT challenge October-December, and made some more progress. Following Farrell's kick-boxing, resistance training, and nutrition program, I ended the year down 13 lbs from where I started in January (although I've gained a few back over the holidays). I am in much better shape, healthier, and I feel much better. I hope to continue attending my 5:15 class regularly, and continue making progress towards the next weight goal - another 10 lbs! I also plan to do more 5k races this year as well - my sister already asked me when we should run our next one! :)

I hope to get back into regular Bible study. We attend a small group study weekly, but I have not been good about doing my weekly reading. And not only that, I want to get back to daily reading. I've found in the past when I've stuck to it, I've found it to make a big difference in how I live my life.

Family time has become a more regular occurrence in our home the past couple months. Some of it is because we are not racing to practices 3x/week in the winter, but some of it is also a committment Jock and I made to (mostly) stay off the computers until after the kids go to bed - and even then, a couple days a week, we stay off them after that too, so we can have some time together. It's made a positive difference in our home, and I'd like that to continue!

And along with the family time, of course, I can't forget our adoption process. We are praying that things go smoothly this year. We will likely travel once this year for court proceedings and immigration paperwork processing. If things go REALLY well, maybe we'll even have another one or two little people home by the end of 2012. Probably a little too much to hope for at this point, but...

I hope you all have a wonderful 2012!

No comments: