Thursday, January 19, 2012

Tidal Wave

I was looking online for a poem today that I'd heard a while back, and I came across this article.

What she says about the emotionals... the tidal wave is more how it hit me today. No reason that I can think of, just was a rough day. I was at work, so I held it together as best I could, but wow!

It started when I ran a quick report this morning for a coworker. I had to put in today's date, and that's when I realized what day it was. Almost immediately after that, I got a text from my sister, saying, "Love you". I completely lost it!

Then I saw a post on Facebook about mom. Then I saw another post on Facebook about a completely unrelated post - actually someone who also was at work trying to hold in tears of joy about her adoption progression, wishing it wasn't unprofessional to cry at work. Well, too bad. Luckily when a couple people came by to talk to me, were times when I was holding it together.

Thanks to friends who sent thoughts and virtual hugs.

I miss her so much! I love you, Mom!

No comments: