Thought I’d share a bit about our past week, since I haven’t posted. I took Wednesday through Friday off work. Jock worked Wednesday, and Kaylen went to daycare, so I had some time to relax and get some things done around the house before going out of town. Wednesday evening we went to a parade Jock had to work at, before heading to my dad’s for a few days.
My brother and his family were back visiting for the week (they live about a 16 hour drive away). Jock and I hadn’t seen them for about two years, and Kaylen had never met her aunt and uncle and two cousins. We all had a great time, and now Kaylen knows who we’re talking about when I talk about my brother or her cousins Kelsey and Kallie. Boy was that confusing a few times though – we had Kelsey, Kallie, Kaylen, Caden, and Kenny! It was great to have all of my family together again for a brief time. My older sister lives next-door to my dad, and my younger sister came up for the weekend as well.
We drove back home Sunday morning, as we wanted to make it to church to get signed up for fall programming. Then we went to the state fair. What a hot and miserable day that was! They were even announcing over the loud speakers that with the heat, the importance of staying hydrated, and taking breaks in the shade and/or air conditioning! We didn’t stay too long, but we got to check out the free concert while enjoying ice cream sandwiches (both provided by Jock’s work), then we walked around and got some of the usual foods we enjoy at the fair: chocolate chip cookies, turkey drumstick, taffy, fried cheese curds, a hot dog for Kaylen. We also stopped at the Optimist Club’s booth and chatted with a couple ladies in another club (Jock and I are in our local one), and stopped and chatted with a friend of ours we got to know a few years ago when Jock worked another booth at the fair that was next to theirs.
There were some other things we might have liked to see, but they’re usually the same or at least very similar every year (the animals, butter sculptures, arts & craft exhibits, etc). It was just too hot! We weren’t alone. The crowds were looking pretty lethargic, and the sidewalks didn’t seem as crowded as usual. With several days of this heat (90-95) & humidity (60-95%) these last several days, I wonder what the attendance numbers will look like this year. Although, it looks like the temps should be going down about 10 degrees (and hopefully the humidity too), starting on Thursday, so that’s good news!
Jock and I went back to work yesterday, and Kaylen went back to daycare. Last night I fixed supper, but was so exhausted that I couldn't/didn't do much else! I think I’m back on track today now though!
No comments:
Post a Comment