I just realized I didn't post any pictures of Kaylen in her costume! (It's been a long week.) Here's our ballerina princess - and make sure if you talk to her about it you don't leave off either word - she'll be sure to correct you! :)
I made only the skirt. I just learned to sew in the last year, so it's not pretty if you look closely at the seams, but all that fluff covers it up. :) Thanks, Natalie!
My sewing maching is on the fritz though. I think it just needs a thorough cleaning and oiling, but now it won't even sew a hem on a thin cotton fabric! ICK!
Thanks, Heather! She's very much a ham in front of a camera.
Kathy - you are too funny - you've hit the nail right on the head - she's all girly girl, but she also can be very competitive and sporty too. Just depends on the day I suppose.
I have another sewing machine in the closet that you can try if you want. Remind me the next time you come home! You are coming home sometime aren't you??? Amy
Amy - I think you're coming here first, aren't you - like maybe next weekend? Yes, we'll probably be up around Thanksgiving. It's been forever, hasn't it! I miss all of you!
I think I may have nursed the machine back to health this afternoon. I think it just hadn't had a good cleaning for a long, long time. I took several pieces out and cleaned them with a oil-dampened cloth, and brushed out the dust and lint out of the machine. Both the brush and washcloth were pretty nasty by the time I was done. It's working better now - I finally got the fabric hemmed for the privacy backing for the office blinds!
ok lisa you did not just last year learn to sew... and i think thats the first i've heard from amy in weeks! whats happening next weekend? i think i'm going home that weekend
Yep - true story - just taught myself a bit, after Amy showed me how to thread a bobbin. Yes, I can do cross-stitch and sew on a button (maybe), but no sewing machine stuff before that.
9 comments:
Oh, that is funny. Too bad she couldn't fit soccer in it too--ballerina soccer princess--and wear her cleats. She seems very versatile.
She has the most adorable smile!
Did I read that you made that costume?! I'm jealous! (Of your sewing ability, not Kaylen's costume :)
I made only the skirt. I just learned to sew in the last year, so it's not pretty if you look closely at the seams, but all that fluff covers it up. :) Thanks, Natalie!
My sewing maching is on the fritz though. I think it just needs a thorough cleaning and oiling, but now it won't even sew a hem on a thin cotton fabric! ICK!
Thanks, Heather! She's very much a ham in front of a camera.
Kathy - you are too funny - you've hit the nail right on the head - she's all girly girl, but she also can be very competitive and sporty too. Just depends on the day I suppose.
I have another sewing machine in the closet that you can try if you want. Remind me the next time you come home! You are coming home sometime aren't you???
Amy
Amy - I think you're coming here first, aren't you - like maybe next weekend? Yes, we'll probably be up around Thanksgiving. It's been forever, hasn't it! I miss all of you!
I think I may have nursed the machine back to health this afternoon. I think it just hadn't had a good cleaning for a long, long time. I took several pieces out and cleaned them with a oil-dampened cloth, and brushed out the dust and lint out of the machine. Both the brush and washcloth were pretty nasty by the time I was done. It's working better now - I finally got the fabric hemmed for the privacy backing for the office blinds!
ok lisa you did not just last year learn to sew... and i think thats the first i've heard from amy in weeks! whats happening next weekend? i think i'm going home that weekend
Yep - true story - just taught myself a bit, after Amy showed me how to thread a bobbin. Yes, I can do cross-stitch and sew on a button (maybe), but no sewing machine stuff before that.
Next weekend - gymnastics I think.
Post a Comment