Monday, December 10, 2007

More ice?!

Well, last night we got back from our travels over the past week. Tonight we went to dinner at Jock's dad's house for his brother's birthday party. Tomorrow we have Jock's work Christmas party - that is, if it doesn't get cancelled because of the ice storm that's on its way. We're supposed to get .2 to .4 inches of ice, then 2-4 inches of snow on top. YUCK! Oh well, not much we can do about it but try to be smart and stay safe. Who knows what'll go on tomorrow. I see on the news a few schools have cancelled or delayed their started for tomorrow - mostly rural areas of SW Iowa though. I don't imagine the city ones will close down unless it gets real bad. It's probably too much to ask that our offices will close but they'll still have the Christmas party. Ha! :)

I just pray we don't have quite the mess that's occurred to the south of us. I heard on the news tonight that 1 in 3 households in Oklahoma is without power. I just can't imagine! I pray they are safe and warm.

1 comment:

Kathy Cassel said...

Ice storm? Yikes. It's been a while since I dealt with those. I grew up in northern IN almost on the MI border but have been living in GA/FL the last six years( with lots of military bases in between IN and GA). It was almost 80 yesterday. I'm hoping for some cool weather so that it seems like winter and we can have a break from the heat before spring!!!