Thank you all for your prayers. We had a wonderful celebration of my grandfather's life yesterday. The Lord has been good to us and sustained us and given us the measure of strength and peace that we needed.
Today my dad and aunts are off to my grandpa's brother's funeral. Grandpa had 3 brothers, the other two preceded him in death, and this last brother survived him - for about 24 hours. This was also his brother who married one of my grandmother's sister. I don't think Grandma was going to go though. It snowed a few inches last night, so she was not wanting to get out in it.
We'll plan on spending some time with her today. I know she was wanting to go through some of the memorials and get started on the Thank You's before my aunt and cousin had to head back to the airport tomorrow. Kaylen is excited to play out in the snow, and with my dad's puppies. She had a little time to play in the snow yesterday at Grandma's, but not much before it got dark after the funeral and inurnment.
2 comments:
Glad you are doing okay.
I'm so sorry to hear your family is grieving. A few years ago, my uncle, grandmother and brother all died around the same time. I thought my mother would die, too, of grief. She lost her brother, mother and son...and this was a second child she lost. I'm her only surviving child. But life goes on. Praying for your family tonight.
Post a Comment