Saturday, December 1, 2007

Update SatDec1

We have gotten word that my grandpa passed away early around 12:30 this morning. My aunt did get a flight in, but arrived at around 1:30 in the morning. We're assuming the funeral might be on Tuesday, but don't know for sure yet. We're making plans to head out of town probably sometime tomorrow afternoon or Monday morning, but it may depend on when the weather and the roads clear up, and when arrangements are scheduled.
***
Updated: I just heard on the news that the Des Moines airport is closed to inbound and outbound flights, because a plane slid off the taxiway. I'm sad that Ruby didn't make it in time before Grandpa died, but I'm so glad that she got in last night. If it's bad here, Cedar Rapids is probably struggling as well. We wanted to go get some milk this morning, but decided against it - the sidewalks and streets are pretty icy already. The stuff falling is freezing rain, and there was a tiny bit of snow before that. YICK!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

Kathy Cassel said...

Praying.

Heather said...

I'm so sorry Lisa.

Kathy Cassel said...

Hope you guys are all doing okay.

Natalie said...

Praying for your family as they travel, and that God would comfort your hearts as you mourn your grandfather's passing.
Love,
Natalie

Kathy Cassel said...

Just saw that dossier # 15,604 has exited IBESR. Perhaps we will all have good news soon. Not that they go in order....