Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy New Year!

Well, we're enjoying another nice 4-day weekend. Yesterday we just stayed in our jammies and sweats all day - didn't venture outside once - even to get the mail. Today we went to church and then after Kaylen's nap we went to the new (actually I think it was new last winter) outdoor ice rink downtown. It was so much fun, and a beautiful place to go skating! We took Kaylen once last winter to an indoor place, but she did so much better this year. She fell down a lot, so her pants and mittens were soaked, but she was even "skate-walking" on her own (no holding on) quite a bit. Jock was right behind her to catch her when she fell though.

I think we'll have to go again in a few weeks - maybe a few more times this season, and she'll have it down in no time. If we wait until next year again, she'd probably forget it all! Besides, it's a good excuse for us to go too, right?! Here are a few pictures and videos. I literally have been laughing out loud at the videos - and probably could for hours!














Also, want to wish Erin a very happy birthday today!

Wishing you all a safe and happy new year. Good luck with those resolutions. I'm not much for resolutions, but it is a good chance to renew my motivations for some things that I'd like to be doing more of, or be more diligent with as the new year starts. May all your hopes and dreams come true for the new year!

1 comment:

Kathy Cassel said...

I hope we start next year with our new little ones home. Cate is brining two of three of hers home so there is movement and there is hope.