Friday, November 7, 2008

Indian Summer Officially Over

It's gone from the 70s earlier in the week to 30s todayn and those are daily high temps folks. Today is our first day of snow for the season.- the white stuff started mid-morning. It's not really falling though - it's blowing sideways from such strong winds. It's melting though - our ground and cars are just wet as I sit here staring out my window at work.

Yup - pretty nasty, but doesn't compare to what they got in the Dakotas yesterday. I don't know if I could live there when they get blizzards that drop several feet of snow in a day. Yuck! I can't complain after hearing that!

3 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Ugh. I lived in the Dakotas. My married life went like this:
England 9 mo
North Dakota 2-3 years
Okinawa 9 mo
South Dakota 3 years
England 3 years
GA 5 years
Fl 4 years

It's like I froze the first 11 years of our marriage. But I grew up on the IN/MI border.

I don't envy you. Last time I was in Des Moine my car froze up! Had to be towed in and thawed out.

Anonymous said...

hard at work today were ya?? :)

Lisa said...

Yah - it's hard work watching all that snow melting! Also, the computers were painfully slow today. It took a minute to open up a file, double time to run queries, and even longer to open websites.

I thought it was our work computers, they're messing with them preparing for office moves in the next couple months. But my Blackberry was slow too - 3-5 minutes to refresh. Jock said his stuff was slow too. Must be the weather. And on a Friday - made for a VERY LONG day!