Thought many of you would get a good eye-rolling from this article. Especially my dad who proudly wears his "PETA-People for the Eating of Tasty Animals" t-shirt to the state fair each year. Click here to read the article, about PETA apparently calling for health insurance companies to charge higher premiums to meat-eaters and lower premiums for vegetarians. Also a while back they asked Ben & Jerry's to switch from cow's milk to human's milk to make their ice cream. Can you imagine?!
First of all, the insurance premium would be a nightmare to enforce - how on earth would they track people's eating habits - ha! Not to mention the benefits of eating meat. It does say in the article that there is no proof that vegetarians are more healthy.
And the breast milk?! Yuck - and too much chance of disease, etc. Think of how hard it is to give blood - the same would be true of breast milk. We'd be paying hundreds of $$ for a bucket if the yummy stuff.
Anyway - just some unscientific opinions of mine. Thought I'd get a good laugh out of a few of you, some eye-rollings, and some disgust too.
Hope you all have a great weekend. I think I'll try to get my hubby to grill up a steak or pork chops sometime this weekend, probably with some yummy veggies and potatoes, and top it off with an awesome bowl of ice cream, and later a walk with a good friend. Who says that's not healthy?! :)
4 comments:
A fellow carnivore stands with you!
I couldnt get to the article to read it but that is rediculous!! Breast milk?!?! come on people, milking cows doesnt hurt them in anyway... not anymore than nursing a baby i'm sure!!
I couldnt get to the article to read it but that is rediculous!! Breast milk?!?! come on people, milking cows doesnt hurt them in anyway... not anymore than nursing a baby i'm sure!!
That's crazy! Ice cream sounds yummy. I may have to send Joe on an ice cream run! Looking forward to the walk! :)
Post a Comment