Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thursday Briefs

No, I'm not talking about underwear today. So much to do, so little time, so today you get some snippits of what we have going on...

-I'm working hard to refocus on God and not the fearsome, worrisome, doubtful funk I was in a week ago regarding our adoption. No communication or news is frustrating, but I'm working on adjusting my attitide and changing my focus. More on that later.

-Today its cold. I told Jock it's hard to get out of bed when the weather report on the radio alarm clock says it's currently 29 but feels like 15 (wind chill), and our high temp is gonna be 32 with continued winds. Ugh. BUT the sun is shining.

-We both filled up with gas yesterday for $1.69. YEAH! Hoping that translates to lower heating bills this winter.

-Our van is having trouble with the automatic lights again now that it's cold again. When it's cold the auto lights don't come on - we have to do them manually. Frustrating - we got that fixed twice before. We've got about 800 miles before the warranty runs out, so need to get it in ASAP.

-If anyone wants to come to church this Sunday, it's a special choir day. That means in addition to the usual praise team, there's a 50-member choir. Jock and I are both singing. It's gonna be awesome. (Just a warning it's also our special offering Sunday, and I heard the pastor will be speaking about $$). But really - come for the music! And don't feel obligated to give.

-Kaylen's school is having their fun night Saturday - we'll be rushing over there when our final choir rehearsal is over.

-Speaking of Kaylen, we got her first Kindergarten report card last week at parent-teacher conferences (they're on trimesters). She's doing awesome - ahead in reading, average in math & writing. More on that later too.

-We're looking forward to Thanksgiving holiday, and spending some much needed time off with our families. We have so much to be thankful for.

4 comments:

Jodie said...

Sorry you've been so frustrated with no news.

Wish we could hear you sing Sunday!

Anonymous said...

It was even colder today!! windchill of 0 this morning. when I left the gym this morning my face was all sweaty and I think it froze on my face. I finally broke out the winter coat. Put if off b/c I just didnt want to admitt that winter was here.

Katy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katy said...

I hope you get news SOON! I totally get the adoption "funk"...sigh. We just have to keep trusting!