Our emotions are on overdrive as we continue to do all we can to advocate for our children, and as we prepare for them to come home. I've barely had a dry eye all day!
We were on a JCICS conference call this morning. We got some documents and photos printed that we'll need when we travel. We got our things packed (mostly) for the trip - diapers, clothes, shoes for the kids, papers for evidence of our adoption, camera, laptop, a few snacks, etc, etc, etc. Last night I got E&J's car seats ready - have yet to put them in the van though.
I'm overwhelmed by the support we've received these last few days. Our Bible study group is providing dinner to us tonight and tomorrow night if we're still here. We've had TONS of hits on our blog - 40 times what we usually had before the local news stories ran. We've had offers for help in many other ways. My aunt emailed with another offer, and I'm again wordless. My best friend called me this afternoon, and I could barely make out a squeak with the offer she presented me with - and then had to email her to have her repeat it in an email to make sure I heard what she was saying.
I have few words, other than THANK YOU!!! Thank you for your prayers and support - they mean so much!
As far as news, we're still awaing word on our children's visas. It seems that we were far enough along in the process that they're going to expedite the children's visas instead of offering them humanitarian parole. We're hopeful that this will happen, and will be happy, as it will mean that our adoption will be final when they're home. In the case of humanitarian parole, there will be more to do to get the adoption final when they're home.
It seems that when they have their visas in hand, they will be flown to somewhere in the US, and we will have to meet them where ever they land. We're praying that we are able to fly without delay and get there as soon as possible. There's supposedly freezing rain forecast for tomorrow, so we're praying that doesn't cause us problems. The joys of winter travel!
Please keep pray for ALL of Haiti's adoptive children to get home to their adoptive families ASAP! There is more information about what you can advocate for on the main page of For His Glory's website and on JCICS' website and blog. I don't see a synopsis of the JCICS conference call on there yet, but there was more information about the visas vs humanitarian parole than what's on their website. If I see more later, I'll try to post a link - or you can just watch for it.
3 comments:
Sounds like it's getting really close, Lisa! God is awesome! We'll be praying that you get word on the travel plans very soon. . . and that the weather doesn't disrupt those plans. Let us know if we can do anything.
You don't know me, but I saw your story the other day on the news. You and your precious children are in my prayers for a speedy homecoming!
Still praying for all of you and the precious kids!
Post a Comment