After that - nothing happened for a LONG time! Oh the roller-coaster of emotions! Sunday afternoon, there were 17 families (25 children) remaining, and they finally called all the families into a conference room to discuss the procedures - which had changed from what we'd been told early that morning. Then they started paperwork and got this new process started for us. We got to see our children briefly late that afternoon, but then sat several more hours before the children were FINALLY released to us at about 1:00 am Monday morning. We got to a hotel around 2, slept for about 6 hours, then got up to head back to the Orlando airport to fly home to Des Moines, via St. Louis. Our flights were all on time - amazing, considering the blizzard that was going on at home. Some family and friends were able to make it to the airport to welcome us home.
We are so blessed. Thank you all so much for all you've done for us - the prayers, avocating with calls to senators/congressmen/State Department, the meals, caring for Kaylen, calls/notes of encouragement, flight costs, welcome at the airport, etc. We're so blessed, and are praising God for the wonderful things he's made of the disaster in Haiti. We continue to pray for families who don't have their children home yet. The news of the halted exits is heartbreaking, and I pray that this new step is quashed quickly and they can get their children home ASAP! These kids need their moms and dads and the stable love and support that they can provide.
As far as Elijah & Josephine - they are doing great! Things have been interesting for all of us trying to adjust to everything new. I'll post more about that later, but wanted to get some photos out here for our friends and family who haven't seen us yet. These were taken tonight after supper - the kids seemingly broke out of their shell after a fairly somber day, and got all wild and silly and giggly. It was so fun! Love these two - God is good!



14 comments:
:) x 100
This is amazing! I found your blog through Tamara B., and had been catching all of your interviews on Channel 13. I watched your arrival at the Des Moines airport on TV yesterady morning bringing those beautiful children, and I cried. I don't know either of you, but wanted you to know I have been praying for you, and am so incredibly happy that your children are home. God is GOOD!
Warms my heart...
So happy for you! Their smiles light up the room!
thanks for the pictures. As I35 was closed there was no way to get to you. If laura gets to Drake, maybe we can stop by. Truely amazing the power of prayer in action and all it can do. love ya,kathie
Praise the Lord! I don't know you either but have followed your blog via a link on Jake & Janel's blog about their pending adoption from Ghana. I have been praying for you and all the Haitian adoptees and checking and checking your blog for news. I discovered info on Liveshots Fox News so I new they made it to Florida and were on hold at the airport. I'm glad to know you got back to Iowa safely.
All I can say is "How Awesome!" Enjoy your time as a family of 5 :)
God is good all the time and ALL the time God is good.
Tina
Thanks for the upclose pictures. Those on the TV were too far away for me to be satisfied! I am so thankful that you both have visited and been with these two so many times before this catastrophe. They had someone they knew to come home to and feel safe. It shows.Love to all, see you in a few weeks. Terry
SOOOOOOOOOOO great to see them both at home and happy. I am excited to see them tomorrow night. Thanks for the pictures...keep'em coming!
Hi Kids. God is So Good. My heart is filled with so much joy seeing all the new pictures so wonderful. take care, God Bless, Love Grandma Rosie
tamara b likes this!
Congratulations Jock and Lisa - I'm SO happy for both of you and for the precious kids! They look like they're adjusting well already and I'm not surprised, because they're in the care of such a wonderful family. Please continue to post new pictures when you have them - they're a nice relief and help to offset at least a little the awful pictures we see in the news coming out of Haiti.
Glad you are home safely and settled in--or as much as you can be.
Post a Comment