Saturday, January 23, 2010

Praise God!!! Today should be the day!!!

We got a call just after midnight that our kids are going to be on a plane with about 80 others today. They're scheduled to depart Port-au-Prince around 11:30 this morning, landing near Orlando at 2:30 this afternoon. We're told to be prepared for a very long day of processing once they land before they are in our arms. Our arms are longing for them, but we will wait what it takes.

We did get a little sleep, and are up early this morning to pack our bags and get through security. We'll be flying to Orlando this morning, then making a 30-minute drive to where they're coming in - rented toddler seats and all, so we can make the 30-minute trip back to Orlando, then our trip back home to the Des Moines area - probably arriving on Sunday afternoon.

That's the plan anyway. Please pray for us as we make the journey - that our hearts are prepared to receive our children, and their hearts prepared to join us. Please pray for the other families that are meeting their children today along with us. Please pray also for the families that are still awaiting word of their children's travel. There are about 25 children from our orphanage who do not yet have their visas/humanitarian parole approved, and my heart aches for their families. May they all be united soon!

19 comments:

the stauffer 6 said...

Praise the Lord! We pray everything goes smoothly today and that everyone has safe travels. This is so exciting. We pray your wait is over soon. We pray for a sharp and sound mind and that you are able to stay focused today.

the stauffer 6 said...

Jock, Lisa,
Kaylen, Elijah & Josephine

It's me again. As I was praying for you all today I started singing this song. I know this song is about the day we finally get to see Jesus face to face but a lot of the words also remind me of what it must be like to finally get to see 2 more of your children face to face and finally bring them to your earthly home. What an awesome job the LORD has given you to care for all your children. As I look at my 4 children each day I am reminded of you and your journey and pray my arms are always open to them as your arms have been open for yours.
In Him- Tina

There Will Be A Day Lyrics
Jeremy Camp

I try to hold on to this world with everything I have
But I feel the weight of what it brings, and the hurt that trys to grab
The many trials that seem to never end, His word declares this truth,
that we will enter in this rest with wonders anew

But I hold on to this hope and the promise that He brings
That there will be a place with no more suffering

There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, and no more fears
There will be a day when the burdens of this place, will be no more, we’ll see Jesus face to face
But until that day, we’ll hold on to you always

I know the journey seems so long
You feel your walking on your own
But there has never been a step
Where you’ve walked out all alone

Troubled soul don’t lose your heart
Cause joy and peace he brings
And the beauty that’s in store
Outweighs the hurt of life’s sting

I can’t wait until that day where the very one I’ve lived for always will wipe away the sorrow that I’ve faced
To touch the scars that rescued me from a life of shame and misery this is why this is why I sing….

There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, and no more fears
There will be a day when the burdens of this place, will be no more, we’ll see Jesus face to face

There will be a day, He’ll wipe away the stains, He’ll wipe away the tears, He’ll wipe away the tears…..there will be a day.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kids, What a pleasure to read your post today so happy for you. Several are here at the library and all are praying. May you all be blessed as you travel and recieve you childern. God Bless All Love Grandma Rosie

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

What amazing news! My prayers continue for your family and others!

Krista said...

Just about the time you think you are cried out, here they come! Tina said it so beautifully (or chris :) that your love for these kids inspires all of us to be better parents. And what a joy it has been to walk this journey with you... but as you said Lisa the journey is just beginning. We will continue to walk beside your family and love and pray you through all the adjustment that you all will no doubt be going through. We love you guys and can't wait to see you all tomorrow!! We will continue to blanket you all in prayer today as you jump this last hurdle in the road hopefully to never say good-bye again!! Praise God!

Mel said...

So happy for you all. Will be praying.

Anonymous said...

Tears in my eyes, so happy for you. Hope everything goes smooth and you get the babies in your arms.

Lisa Cook

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah!

Shannon

Unknown said...

Jock and Lisa,

Our prayers are with you each and every day as you wait for youy two beautiful babies. God will make things happen, but in His time. I know your patience is wearing thin, He will make it all happen. Until then we can just pray.

Les and Cindy Ottervanger
Valley UMC

Mona Family said...

Jock & Lisa, this is wonderful news! We hope your entire family is united very soon, safely home...
Yours in Optimism - Becky, Mike, Amanda & Alex

Mona Family said...

Jock & Lisa, this is wonderful news! We hope your entire family is united very soon, safely home...
Yours in Optimism - Becky, Mike, Amanda & Alex

Melissa said...

Praying for your family!

Anonymous said...

Warmest congratulations and prayers for peace as you travel home.

Anonymous said...

hope you get your kids soon. things sound a little crazy in Orlando right now. I pray that god helps these kids get home soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kids all of you!!! At library just watched video of you and your new babies WHAT A SITE I SEE THE JOY IN BOTH OF YOU! God Is So Good!!!!!!!!! When I saw they didn't arrive Saturday I started to pray in my direct line to The Holy Spirit. So happy for all. God Bless All. Love Grandma Rosie And I do feel like your Grandma!!

Unknown said...

Jock,
This is John Crawford from Ames. We worked together at Copyworks. Praise God your family is all together. We have friends here in Ames that have 5 kids from Haiti so when we saw your and Lisa's story on TV8 it was pretty cool to follow and pray for.
We help with a childrens home in Haiti Heartline Ministries. http://heartlineministries.org/default.aspx
Becky and I will continue to remember your family and all the adjustments I'm sure you all will be going through. Keep in touch.
John Crawford johnccrawford@gmail.com

Tamara B said...

Congrats on getting all 3 tucked in their beds last night. I heard that when your nephew had to leave Mrs. Rich's class yesterday that she was able to pull up your blog and show it to her 6th grade class. What a great way to incorporate current events into the classroom with a perfect connection locally. I cried when I watched this video this morning http://www.whotv.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=04f9149e-0eaa-49db-9c2f-2dae9aafabba&src=front

Happy Day friends!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kids, Praise God all are home safely! God is good! Watched video with Helena today What a Blessing to see all of you. I was told Lisa's father is a member of Classic tractor club as I am. will have to try to figure him out as I talk to everyone. Take care, God Bless. Love Grandma Rosie



























1

Anonymous said...

I bet the birthday girl, Big Sister Kaylen, is going to have lots of fun showing her little brother and sister how to play in the snow!

Shannon