Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thankful November 13

I'm thankful that this past week was "Parent Watch Week" at the girls' dance studio. It was so fun to see what they've been working on, how much fun they're having, and how much they've learned already, after only 9 weeks of class so far. Even the little girls in the preschool class are fairly together on their very short (8-count) tap routine they've learned. And so cute the little analogies the instructor uses for the preschoolers to get them to put their feet and hands in the right places - butterflies, sandwiches, etc. :)

I'm sad I couldn't get photos of Kaylen's class though. I had to sit near the corner instead of in the middle because most of the parents were already there and just stayed after their girls' Hip Hop class - while Kaylen just does the Tap-Ballet-Jazz. She happened to choose a spot on the opposite side of the room, and I couldn't get her with my phone's camera. Also, when they practiced their chasse/leaps pass (yes, I learned a new word!), they started in the corner I was sitting and the girls lined up were standing in front of me. :(

Here are a couple photos of Josephine's class though:

No comments: