"GUESS WHAT! We got our first dossier “post-earthquake” for Canada done today! It took 8 months from the time the dossier went into IBESR until the visa was issued! Is that not the most amazing thing? We are all very excited and I know Berline’s family in New Brunswick must be floating on clouds tonight as they prepare to come to Haiti to take her home! Congratulations!"We know from past experience, that things can always change with international adoption. But we're hopeful that our adoption wil move along smoothly as well, and we can have our child(ren) home in relatively short order as well. But first, we're praying for our referral. We're thankful that God has a hand in us growing our family, and know that He knows the child for our family.
Friday, November 18, 2011
Thankful November 18
I'm thankful that the adoption process in Haiti has sped up post-earthquake. Here (the part in red ink) is what Dixie, director of GLA, wrote about it earlier this week on her blog:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
With Jeff I turned in the last paper August 97 and brought him home Feb 98. But they've added soooo many steps since then. In fact, at that time I wasn't even told there were steps to go through. I thought it was like a domestic adoption and they'd just set a court date and I'd go get him. I was upset that it took six months!
Hoping yours just flies through.
Post a Comment