Monday, November 28, 2011

Thankful November 28

I know they were included in the "extended family" post a couple days ago, but I'm thankful for my talented sisters!

My older sister has started a photography business. She has taken photography classes in the past, and recently started up the skillful hobby. She has a great camera with lots of lenses that do things that I don't understand. She also has an eye for what will look good for a background. This past weekend at my dad and step-mom's house, we'd thought about doing my kids' Christmas photos outdoors. However, it was wet and windy and very cold, and that wouldn't have worked. So we wandered around the house, rearranged some furniture, and put together some props in a corner of the living room. My step-mom is very talented also, with decorating, and has lots of Christmassy things around that worked perfect.

Then Jock and I got the kids dressed up in their Christmas outfits, and Amy started snapping away! Getting three kids to smile and look at the camera all at the same time, with their cousins and the television causing distractions at the same time is a challenge, but she did an awesome job! Then we did individual photos of each of the three. They turned out great! I'll be sending them out with our Christmas cards within the next few weeks, and probably posting them closer to Christmas.

Then, on the way home from Dad's yesterday, we took the long way home to stop and visit my sister, who is a very talented cosmetologist. We visited her place of employment, for her to cut my hair. I usually cut it short about this time of year, as the dry weather cause static electricity which drives me completely nuts! So cutting it shorter helps immensely. She did an awesome job - I don't let anyone else cut my hair anymore.

No comments: