Wednesday, September 19, 2007

More pictures!

Just wanted to post a link to Kathy's blog. She's got many more pictures than I could ever hope to attempt to post. She and her family (they're adopting twin toddlers) must have spend hours upon hours at the orphanage playing with the children and taking pictures of the babies like ours, whose parents weren't able to travel this time. Someone else said it last week when we were waiting for the September update photos - we adoptive parents live for pictures! We're forever grateful!

Anyway, on her blog, going back to late August through today, you'll see some awesome pictures and videos of the children (babies, toddlers, older kids) playing & eating lunch, her teenage daughter's account of the trip, laundry operations at the orphanage, the hotel, and their family, etc. The laundry really gives us an appreciation for our machine - probably does more-so if you've experienced it first-hand. I'm thankful/inspired/encouraged by the nanny's stopping everything at noon to pray over the children.

I SOOOOO want to go down there! Praying that we're able to go on the next trip. No word on when that would be yet though - could be anywhere from January through May. Yikes - our little Josephine could be a year old by then!

Oh - by the way, there's a picture on Kathy's post from today of a baby named Celina, that is available for adoption. This isn't our Josephine Celena - this Celina (name is spelled different) was new to the orphanage around the time of the mission trip, and she is older that Josephine. Josephine isn't in most of the baby playtime pictures - she was sleeping a lot - at only 3 months old.

3 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Can you tell if it's Celena or Sherline in the baby bouncer asleep in babies at play part 1? I can't remember!

Lisa said...

All along I thought it was Sherline, but now I'm not sure. I'll ask Jock - he seems to know better than I do. Isn't that horrible - I don't know my own baby! It's so hard not having seen her in person, and especially when she's so little and changing so quickly!

Kathy Cassel said...

I'm thinking it's Sherline before they did her hair but maybe Cate would know for sure.