Saturday, September 29, 2007

We're in IBESR!!!

I know, I know - you're thinking - wow - three posts in one day?! Well, it's worth it...

I just got an email from our adoption coordinator. We're in IBESR!!! To those of you not familiar with the adoption process, that just means we're on to the next step. Since many of you have been asking me if we've heard anything, or have had anything progress, and I"ve been saying no... Well, YES - we are now in the first major step. IBESR is Haitian Social Services. They will review our dossier (our info and the children's social histories) to approve the adoption.

This wait for this step is currently running 4-7 months. After that it will go to parquet/courts/2nd legalization (where we'd get our oficial adoption decree where we officially become their parents in the eyes of Haiti's government. Then we'll have to wait for the children's passport and for the US to approve and recognize them as our children for immigration and their visa before they can come home.

Anyway, it's still a long wait, but it's so exciting to see that we've moved on to the next step at least!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news!!! We have been in IBESR for one month. I know how exciting it was when we finally made it in!!

Lisa said...

Yep - doing happy dances around here! I remember when you and the Cassel's and another family - was it Brad and Terry? Praying for each step of the way to speed up for all of us!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! How exciting!

Heather said...

YAY!!!AWESOME NEWS!!!!

Kathy Cassel said...

Yipee! I'm praying IBESR will be a short stay for all of us.

Lisa said...

Thanks Erin, Heather & Kathy! - and yes - praying for short stays in each step for all of us!

rossnnik said...

Good news!

Kathy Cassel said...

Do you have your numbers? Mine are 15619 & 15620. I found out that 15618 is someone from our O too.

Lisa said...

Nope - I've asked, but I imagine it'll be a couple weeks before I hear back from Cate what our numbers are, with her answering emails twice per month. It'll be interesting to find out, and then watch others' numbers who are close to ours getting their approval in a few months.