Saturday, September 29, 2007

A word about comments

Just a note. This is my blog. I will not tolerate others' hijacking it and posting rude comments. Especially when it is done so anonymously. I will remove your comments if I deem necessary. I do appreciate those that comment positively and good-naturedly. I enjoy having my friends and family read what we're up to. I do not appreciate those who try to post derogatory remarks. I put a lot of thought into most of my posts, and I expect to be treated with respect. If you disagree with something that I say, let me know, but let's not be rude about it. If it comes to it I will moderate blog comments, and read them before they have a chance to be read by others. I hope not to have to do this. I hope that we can all be adults and be polite about things.

In response to the person who posted "You should really look into the organization that you ask people to support"... I have looked into this organization. I am adopting my children through this organization, and that is not a decision that we made lightly. I do support them myself, and would never ask someone to support an organization that I did not believe in or are not supporting myself.

For those of you that are unaware of circumstances that likely are the reason for this rude comment I received, there has been some negative publicity regarding the orphanage in the last couple of months. I did hear first-hand of some concerns. However, most of the negative comments have been second- or third-hand knowledge, and also some situations that had been blown out of proportion before they were given a chance to even have them explained. Jock and I took into consideration all of the things we have heard, and have prayed over our decision and whether or not to continue forward with this organization. We have been in conversation with its leaders, and others to whom I'm grateful for their first-hand knowledge of the conditions of this organization and of its leadership. The first-hand experiences from many that I've had conversations with far outweight the second- or third-hand accusations and assumptions that I've heard. I feel confident that this remains where God is leading us, and I feel confident in the organization. If you have other information (factual, not assumptions or second-hand rumblings) that you would like aired, find an appropriate means to relay that information, rather than just anonomously posting rude and defamatory remarks in the comments on my blog. That I will not tolerate.

Others, thank you for your patience, and I'm sorry I've even had to post this message. I've meant all along for this blog to be a positive outlet for me to share our family's experiences. To my family and friends, thank you for your prayers and support. The organization and all those involved definitely could use your prayers at this time. Our feelings all along have been that Satan was trying to drag us down, and not do what's right for the children we have committed to providing a family. Please pray that we will keep our eyes on God, and focus on His will for our lives. We're trusting in Him to see us through. Some days are harder than others. This is not an easy path that He has chosen for us. It's a long, hard road.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear all of this. I also have had some comments on my blog. I have to moderate them now.

Lisa said...

Thanks Courtney. It's so frustrating seeing negative comments, when I want them to be positive and encouraging. It may come to me moderating them, but we'll see. I'm going to give it another chance yet though.

rossnnik said...

Oh, Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear that you're getting negative comments. We love you!