Sunday, October 14, 2007

Dreary Day

Yesterday it was cloudy and misting rain part of the day. This morning it was raining pretty steady, and cloudy and drippy on and off this afternoon too. 'Twas a good day for watching football and napping, though. :) Too bad we couldn't get the flower bulbs planted today though. And there's rain in the forecast every day this week. YICK! Oh well... At least the ground should be fairly soft when we get them in.

4 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Blah! It's pouring here. I drove each of the kids to their bus stops and waited with them in the car until the bus came.

Lisa said...

Yick! Is that three different bus stops to race around to? Hope they're not all at the same time!

Last night I walked with a friend - it poured when we got about 3 blocks from her house - we stood under a school's front entrance for a few minutes, until it stopped and we continued our walk.

At work yesterday I talked with someone from Colorado - said they got snow, and were going to send it our way - don't really want the snow yet, but I'd love one night of freezing temps!

Kathy Cassel said...

Not three at once BUT the first is 6:18, then 6:55 and 7:50!

They say it's going to rain all week and they canceled the first grade field trip tomorrow : (

I grew up on the IN/MI line but live in the FL panhandle now so I traded snow and ice for hurricanes!

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness! I can barely drag myself out of bed at 6:45 (my drop dead latest to get everybody moving). I can't imagine how early you must have to get the kids to bed to get them up in the 5s - I don't ever like to see that number before the colon! Wow!

Schools around here start between 8 and 8:30, and I think there's a state law or something that says kids can't be on a school bus more than an hour one way. I remember my mom looking that up when my little sister was in Kindergarten - the bus driver would have to wake her up to get her off the bus - or am I getting my stories mixed up. Anyway, 6:15-ish just sounds insane!