You have to start out really early - like around 3:30 am... with a screaming 4-year-old telling you she just threw up... in her bed. YUCKY! There's nothing quite like cleaning up vomit from the bed, carpet, PJ's, and girl in the middle of the night! We got her all showered and cleaned up and back to bed (in a different room/bed) only to learn a few minutes later that she was sick again - but this time she made it to the bathroom. I then decided to sleep in the room with her so I could hear her better if this was going to continue. This was about 4:30 am, so I only about half-slept until about 7:30 when she was up again - still not feeling great but definitely wide awake.
She was mostly fine the rest of the day, but we played it pretty safe, starting with two saltine crackers and an ice cube just to see if it'd stay down - it did, so we graduated to toast and gatorade. Then chicken soup for lunch, and a better dinner, but tried to keep it still fairly bland and light.
It was a BEAUTIFUL day today! It was pretty warm outside today too - even though I didn't even get out much. Kaylen and I spent most of the morning cuddling in the recliner watching cartoons and reading books. Jock worked a bit on the roof - we had a leak in our garage, and he wanted to get it fixed before winter. Apparently the water was going right under a piece of flashing - a lot of good that did! :) He also got the lawn mowed. Hopefully it'll be nice again tomorrow (it's supposed to be), so we can get those bulbs planted!
I had a PRODUCTIVE afternoon. When Kaylen went up for her nap, I got started on her tutu for her ballerina halloween costume. It was fairly easy sewing, despite my sewing maching getting caught up trying to go through two layers of elastic. I'm not much of a sewer, but I'm rather proud of myself. I've only done curtains - square/rectangular sewing up until today. I didn't finish it before Kaylen went to bed, so you'll have to wait until Halloween to see it on her.Kaylen didn't get to her soccer game. We didn't think it was such a good idea, as her team's game was early today. As it turns out she was fine, but the running around would not have been good. (We think she either just ate too much for supper last night (which she tends to do sometimes), or she just ate something bad, or a combination of the two). So, by supper she was fine, and since Kaylen's Grandma Julie and Great Grandma Cheryl didn't get to see us this morning at soccer as they'd planned, we decided it'd be OK to go out for supper with them. It was NICE to see both of them. We don't see Grandma Julie as often as we should - especially when she lives fairly close to us. And it was nice to see Great Grandma while she was in town visiting for the weekend.
Now, Kaylen's in bed, and Jock and I are RELAXING for the remainder of the evening - or at least for me until I collapse - 3:30 is way too early! I think I dozed a bit between 4:30 and 7:30, but not much. Hope you're all having a great weekend!
5 comments:
first off I'm not jelous of you at all for having to clean up puke at 3:30 am!! HAHA And I dont know if you realise this or not but you are so much like mom. You and amy both with your cooking and sewing. Remember when mom made me that barbie costume for halloween? I loved that dress!
I'm surprised, Karen - I thought you of all people would be jealous of our early-morning adventures.
Awww - thanks! I've got a long way to go to be able to sew and cook like Amy though. She's got a little more experience than I have though.
I do remember that Halloween costume and how much you loved it - I think you wore it night and day playing dress-up too. Mom was awesome at sewing. I don't really remember any of my Halloween costumes, but I do remember lots of Christmas and Easter dresses she made - and of course the Bridesmaids dresses.
Hey, off the subject but I asked Cate if it was Celena or Sherline in that one picture of the baby in the bouncy thing (what are those called???) while all the kids played around her and she said she thinks it is Celena because Sherline's hair is longer.
Hi Kathy - I kind of wondered that recently when I saw the video that Carrie sent me. I'm going to take another look. Also, I might recognize her better now that I'm getting more used to her pictures...
I think it is her. The one with her in the background where Jasmine is holding Rithma looks more like Celena - I think it's harder to recognize her when she's turned away from the camera in the other photo.
Post a Comment