No update yet on Josephine, but we have heard that two other babies are sick and in the hospital. The pediatrician is very concerned for little Rosenie, who has pneumonia. Dukenson is the other who has been sick. Please pray for all the children - this time of year when the temperature drops is hard on the babies. I checked Port-au-Prince, Haiti's weather forecast for this week, and it shows highs in the mid-80s and lows in the mid-60s. Granted the temps don't change as drastically as they do up north, but in relation to their usual temperatures it's still a drop. In case you are interested, I found some graphics on weather.com showing average temps by month, and average precipitation by month (you can click on them to see them better):
Haiti:

Iowa:
3 comments:
So sad that baby R. died but she's dancing with Jesus and that's far better than a life of poverty. Still, I know her family grieves. She was precious. I never met her as she was new, but her pictures said it all.
Yes. Have you heard the song "Dancing with the Angels" by Monk & Neagle? I love that song - makes me cry sometimes. I first heard it soon after my mom died, and it's very special song to me. it's so true - she's in a much better place now with Jesus. It's still no doubt difficult for those that loved her, but it's a comfort that she's no longer suffering.
I didn't know she was new. Maybe that's why I couldn't find her picture on the website this evening - although I found one on the October update photos, and saw someone had posted one on their blog.
Post a Comment