Today Jock went to the quarterly district meeting for the Optimist Club, so Kaylen and I have a girls' day. We used to do a girls' night once a week, and she and Jock would have a daddy-daughter night once a week as well, but we each are no longer doing the activities that required this. Kaylen asked me a week or so ago when we could have daddy-daughter night and girls night again. So, by necessity and with a fun attitude, it was reinstituted today, and we'll try to keep it up - maybe not once a week, but once in a while.
Kaylen had soccer this morning - first game of the day, and then we went shopping to take a look at winter coats and snowpants. Didn't find any boots, but the coat and snowpants we found will be very easy to match. Then of course while we were there we had to stock up on some needed paper products & toiletries, groceries, and socks for both of us. Afterwards, we stopped at Burger King for lunch (Kaylen got a crown, and I even let her get french fries instead of apples), and then came home for nap and laundry time. We're out of socks and towels, and the sheets-changing was overdue!
After naptime, we'll probably head back out shopping to get the last few remaining items on the list. (I'd lost the list somewhere along the way - but thankfully Kaylen found it when we got back out to the van - it didn't even make it into the store!) We also need to take back the winter coat we'd already gotten that was impossible to match snowpants and boots to, and take a look at snow boots.
Oh - the best thing about the coat - it's a two-piece coat, and can be worn four different ways: the outside by itself, the inside by itself-either way-it's reversible, or two parts together for the most warmth. I'm so excited about it, and I think Kaylen is too. She now has a good fall coat too, rather than just wearing a hooded sweatshirt or her raincoat - she had a summer jacket, but it's way too thin, and the zipper was impossible - even for adults to try to zip!
By the way - Kaylen did awesome at soccer today! I didn't see her touch the soccer ball with her hands once, or lay on the ball like she did last week. I guess she really took to heart our talks after last week's problems. If you didn't hear the story, just know it wasn't pretty. I gave her a hint today to help her remember - just that when the ball went to the walls or corners, to clasp her hands behind her back. She didn't do that much, but whatever we said worked.
Kaylen also was coughing quite a bit this morning at soccer, and acted very tired - strange because I know she was asleep by 7:30 last night (she was really cranky last night and had a bad day at daycare, so we had her to bed by 7) and got up around 7 this morning. She even came over to sit by me for a while, while she was supposed to be playing, which is so not like her. The last few weeks, when it's been her turn to sit out a quarter, she didn't like it.. She'd had a slight cough, but this was different - like the exercising made it worse. Hoping it's not a sign of exercise-induced asthma to come - I'll try to pay attention to her breathing a little more. She may just be coming down with a cold, or just the cough she's had is getting worse - although she wasn't coughing during shopping or when she laid down at naptime either. Hmmm...
Well, my laundry's ready to be switched and Kaylen's up, so I better go. Hope you're all having a great weekend!
1 comment:
Yay for the weekend. Yay for soccer!
Post a Comment