Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Busy-ness Ramblings

- Another snow storm arrived today. It's supposed to dump about 5 inches by the time it's done tomorrow, but the wind has picked up and it's supposed to be teeth-chatteringly-COLD through the weekend. So much for more ice skating this weekend. I guess we could probably go to the indoor place, but that's not near as much fun as the outdoor one!

- Work's been very busy for both of us. Amongst other things, I've been working on project proposals for the new contract that has come out. I've been pulling data every which way so we can try to work through our strategies and document our assumptions. Jock's been busy trying to keep up with the issues that come up with the database and reporting systems he supports. Tonight he left work at 6:30, and got home 45-minutes later.

- We got our Christmas tree and decorations taken down, and our living room furniture mostly put back their designated places. Actually, I think Jock has yet to take down the small tree that's in the office, and the wreath is still hanging out front. We'll get there eventually - actually, probably by this weekend. You can't do a birthday party with Christmas decorations still up, right?!

- I FINALLY got the pages printed for Kaylen's life story-book that we're giving her for her birthday. I did up the pages - backgrounds, pictures, and text - on my scrapbooking software. Most of her regular scrapbook pages I put in a binder with sheet-protectors, but this time we're going to bind it for her to be able to read when she wants. I'm so excited for her to see it. She doesn't ask to see her pictures very often, but she knows where they are, and just recently asked if we could look at it again, and was worried that she'd forget. I think she'll really cherish it, and she won't have to worry about losing the pictures. Jock will be off to Kinkos get it bound in the next day or two so we can get it finished up!

- We're anxiously awaiting our new baby pictures. They're actually trying to get developmental updates out for the babies this month. The toddlers in February, and the big kids in March - so from then on we'll get development updates each quarter. I'm not sure if we'll still get pictures in the off months of the quarter or not - I may need prayers if we don't - that might be tough. I pray that their generator holds out long enough to get them all done and sent. What a blessing that will be to all of us. While I LOVE getting the pictures every month, a still picture only says so much. It'll be awesome to know how they're doing, what they like, and what new things they're learning to do.

- Please join us in praying that we hear the good news at the end of this month that we're out of IBESR. We will just barely be at 4 months in IBESR, and it's usually 4-7 months for that step. There are many from our Orphanage in this same step that need our prayers, as this is a key approval step from the Haitian social services. Also, please pray for the families that are bringing home their children. I know of 2 families from our O that brought their children home today, and a few others very close behind. This is such exciting and encouraging news for those of us waiting in the process. They've been waiting longer than I can imagine. Praise God for His promises and His provision through the journey!

- Now we've just got to get the house cleaned and some party planning done. Then will be the groceries. (Those cupcakes for 28 preschoolers and 5 teachers don't make themselves!) Kaylen has basketball on Saturday morning. The laundry is really piling up. Sometime I've got to re-pot the plants we got from my grandpa's funeral - although it's hard to find potting soil and cute pots 'round here this time of year. And, don't worry - I am still going to update you all on the hair-care tips we learned from our class last weekend.

- Hmmm... That's all I can think of right now, but I'm quite certain that's not everything - at least a hand-full of other things will come up between now and Monday. Isn't that always how things go?! Just when you think things are slowing down and you have a handle on things, a bunch of other stuff gets scheduled. Maybe a trip to Haiti is just what I need to re-focus. We are hoping to go on the next mission trip that FHG schedules. I'm getting really anxious to hear more about when that will be. I just wanna go hold those two little ones in my arms!

No comments: