Our princess turns 5 today! She's been excited for this day for months! I think she's been telling people she's "almost 5" since October - when they asked her age, or even when they didn't. :)
We did some preparations over the weekend. Saturday after dinner, we went to get groceries - you know, balloons, wrapping paper, and of course the food. The food included ingredients for dinner, cookies for daycare (decided to not try to make/take 33 cupcakes!), cake, frosting, candy letters, sprinkles, and ice cream. Kaylen got to pick out her cake - of course, she picked strawberry because it's pink. Imagine that! She picked out white frosting, pink and purple "Happy Birthday" letters, and pink and purple sprinkles. Oh, and the sucker mom I am, let Kaylen get some strawberry milk, and told her she could pour that over rice crispies for breakfast on her birthday. :)
Sunday, I made the dinner ahead of time - it's my mom's Irish Stew recipe. We thought that would be something quick and easy to heat up once we get home before our guests arrive. It should be yummy too, with the cold weather we're having! Then we all took naps before we made the cake. Kaylen was so excited to help - she dumped all the ingredients into the mixer bowl, turned on the mixer, and then took care of the very tough job of licking off the beater! After putting the cake in the oven, we ate supper, and then I got busy doing Kaylen's "Birthday Braids". I told her last week that I'd do that so she could wear them to daycare for her birthday. By the time I was done, we had to quickly decorate the cake, as it was already bedtime. After she went to bed, Jock and I got her presents wrapped up.
This morning we got Kaylen up and dressed in one of her favorite shirts. She ate her breakfast of rice crispies with strawberry milk. The braids stayed in her hair pretty well overnight. I took a birthday picture of her this morning also - surrounded by balloons and with the presents we'd wrapped for her. I got her off to daycare, with all those cookies, and her normal stuff. Hoping she has a great day at daycare, and we all have a fun party this evening. I'm so excited to see her open her gifts - especially one in particular (more on that in a previous post below). I'll try to share more tonight after the big event, including a few pictures from this weekend and today.
3 comments:
Happy birthday Kaylen!
My kids are all home today because it's a holiday.
Happy Birthday, Kaylen!!! Have a great day!
Hi Kids Been watching CNN and know you will soon have you kids home. my friend here in Clermont had a long telephone talk with here orphanage in Haiti was told all orphans in homes before quake have been granted papers so they can leave Haiti! I pray this is true. My prayers become more intence as the days fly by. In my heart you are a part of my family as are so many others. GOD BLESS YOU ALL! Love grandma Rosie
Post a Comment