Saturday, January 26, 2008

Weekend... Lazy? Productive?

Well, yesterday Jock worked from home so he could stay home with Kaylen. She had a slight rash on her chin on Wednesday night which we thought was exema in this harsh winter weather. But, it got worse on Thursday, so Jock took her to urgent care while I went to our Thursday evening Bible study. Turns out it was impetigo.

Kaylen and I had planned to play with/babysit for a friend's kids last evening while Jock went to the church men's group game night, but she hadn't quite been on the antibiotics for 24 hours yet, and there's no way we could have covered up all those splotches - all over her chin and up her jawbone, and a couple on her nose and forehead. So instead we stayed home, had left-over pizza & birthday cake, and just relaxed.

Today was better as far as Kaylen was concerned. The lesions (which never got to the point of oozing) are shrinking/drying out, which I think is making them itchy, but she's doing such a good job of not trying not to touch her face. We had thought about going to a cultural festival downtown today, but decided to stay home.

We had a pretty lazy day for the most part. We watched movies (I think we've all got a fair amount of the Barbie Island Princess movie memorized), played computer games, read books, and lounged around/took a nap. I also spent a fair amount of the day working to get caught up on Kaylen's scrap-book pages. I'm caught up through Halloween - did 14 pages in the last week (over half of them today)!

Tomorrow we are hoping that some friends can stop by for a visit after naptime. I'll probably be working on laundry - gotta disinfect all the sheets, blankets, pillows, towels, & toys that Kaylen has contacted recently (yes, I'm a germ freak sometimes). I'm also hoping to get to the hair care that we leared from our class a couple weeks ago, typed up and posted to my blog. Have you been dying for me to complete that, or completely forgotten, or weren't interested to begin with? :)

Hope you're all having a great weekend!

I'll leave you with a link to a documentary of a woman's experiences in Haiti, that I found on another's blog. It's 22 minutes, but well worth the time to watch it.

No comments: