
A few weeks ago I put a tracker on my blog, so I could have some idea who out there is reading. It doesn't technically tell me who you are, but I know where you are reading from, down to the city. Now, it's not always exactly the city you live in - for example, some of my family lives in a very rural part of the state, and their internet service is based in a neighboring town, not in their town. But it's close, and I usually have a pretty good idea of who it is, if I don't know for sure.
I've got readers in many of the United States: Iowa, Florida, New York, Utah, California, Colorado, Minnesota, Arizona, New Jersey, Nebraska, Illinois, Virginia, Massachusetts, New Mexico, Michigan, Kansas, and Ohio. I've got a couple readers in Canada as well. These I expect - many are relatives, friends, and fellow adoptive families. Some I'm sure are people who have found my blog because of a link on another's blog, or because they can link to my blog when I leave a comment on someone else's blog. I sometimes do this as well.
Now, imagine my surprise when this evening when checking my visitor's locations, to see a visit from someone in Egypt! I have no clue, but I'd love to hear from you and see how you found out about my blog. Maybe it's someone traveling, maybe it's not - I don't know. But it's kind of cool - I've now gone international! (If you can call three countries being international :)
So, next time you're here, feel free to drop me a comment - especially if you haven't done so in the past. I probably know you're reading anyway, and if I don't know who you are, I'd love to solve the mystery. :)
...
While this is all so fun to see who's been reading my blog, it reminds me to continue to be somewhat careful about posting specifics about where we live, our last names, etc. Yes, if you were truly that interested and very resourceful, you could probably figure things out, but the tracking is just one more way I'm trying to be more safe about it.
1 comment:
hehe thats so cool!
Post a Comment