Thursday, January 31, 2008

You're all invited!

I'm so excited! Linda and Pierre are coming to Iowa! For those of you that have no clue who I'm talking about, Linda is the director of For His Glory, and Pierre is the director at the Maison des Enfants de Dieu orphanage in Port Au Prince Haiti where our babies live right now. I am so looking forward to meeting them in person. They are staying for about 4 days with another family in the area that is adopting 3 children from the same orphanage.

We are working to set up several gatherings so our friends, families, co-workers, etc can meet them. I'm not exactly sure of the format, but they will be presenting about the mission of FHG and Maison. My hope for the gatherings is to raise awareness and gain some much-needed support for the orphanage. There is more information on the FHG website. If you click on the "News and Events" link at the top, there is a recap of the 2007 activities and the needs for 2008. Also, there is a message from Pierre about some of the things that go on at the orphanage if you click on his picture at the lower left of the main page.

Mainly, though, I wanted to get the word out to all of you. The dates they will be in Iowa are February 10th-13th. We are working to book meetings each evening, and over lunch breaks if possible - all over the Des Moines area. We want to spread the message to as many of you as possible. Please let me know if you are interested in attending one of these (leave me a comment or email me), and I will let you know when we have more details on the times and locations. And tell all your friends and family too!

In addition to packed meetings, we're also hoping to send Linda and Pierre back to Colorado with a full car of donations. There is a donation drive going on from now through early March. Transportation (a big truck) of the donations from Colorado to Miami has been arranged, and last I heard the transportation (flight) from Miami to PAP is still being worked on. This is a HUGE blessing to the orphanage, as buying products in Haiti is much more expensive than we can get it here and ship it to them - and supplies are more readily available in the states. So, if you're planning to come to a meeting, please consider bringing a donation. One of the biggest and most consistent needs is for soy baby formula - just the Walmart brand is good.

Anyway, please let me know if you'd like to attend, and also please join me in praying that the Lord will open many doors for FHG and Maison, through Linda and Pierre's visit to Iowa.

3 comments:

Major Mom said...

Lisa, Could you please email me privately?
dubya222000@yahoo.com

Kathy Cassel said...

That's cool. I hope you have a good time together. And I hope they get lots of support for the O.

Natalie said...

Lisa,
You will really enjoy meeting them. They came to our area in the fall, and we took Pierre to see his first real zoo! It was a blast. He is a great man, with a faith and a prayer life that puts mine to shame. I hope you have a great visit.
Natalie