Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter & Gotcha Day!

Today is special to us for two reasons. First, we're blessed to know and believe in Christ's resurrection, and thankful for the grace of God in Christ Jesus. If you'd like to know more, turn in your Bible (or find a version online here) to Matthew 28. There are similar versions in Mark, Luke, and John. There is also some great supplements to the Matthew passage, in 1 Corinthians 15, and Romans 10:9 - and I'm sure elsewhere - these are just the things our Pastor focused on during his awesome message today in church.




Second, today's the 2nd anniversary of Kaylen's Gotcha Day. Two years ago today, Kaylen came to live with us. She had a great big smile on her face when we talked about it, and how happy we are that she came to live with us. What a joy she has been in our lives these past two years. It's also amazing to think back to two years ago, and to think how far she's come, how much she's learned, how much she's grown!





We were so happy to be able to celebrate these two events today. Jock and I both sand in the Easter Celebration Choir at church. I think there were about 50 in the choir and an orchestra of about 7, in addition to the regular praise band team of about 8-10. They cranked up the sound, and it was an awesome experience. Jock's mom came to the second service, and Kaylen sat with her for the first part, so she could see us singing. She had a great time clapping and singing and watching us. Also, I think she was probably glad to not have had to sit through the entire Sunday School period twice, since we had to stay for both services.

After church, we ate a light lunch (left-over pizza) in record-breaking-speed, Kaylen got a short nap (and actually fell asleep) before it was time to head over to Jock's dad's house. The three children (Kaylen and her two cousins) hunted the candy-filled eggs that the Easter bunny had just delivered to Grandpa's house, and had lots of fun playing all afternoon/evening. We all (adults and children) played some Wii golf and bowling, ate some yummy glazed ham and mashed potatoes, and endured some philosophical/religion discussion like only Jock and his dad and brothers can do.

All in all, it was a good day. Kaylen got her shower and into bed around her normal bedtime, I went for my regular walk, and now Jock and I are relaxing at our respective computers.

I'm also including a few pictures of our Easter egg coloring night - it's a tradition with Jock's family that's always fun!

Happy Easter from our family to you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hard to believe it was 2 years ago!!
-Karen

Kathy Cassel said...

I kind of miss my children being young. Only Jasmine is still young enough for regular egg hunts. My teens went to an after dark egg hunt that they did by flashlight but it's not the same as the excitement of the early years.

Jodie said...

Kaylen is such a cutie! I bet she was so glad to have you home!