I'm getting a kick out of reading some of Kaylen's writings from the last couple weeks she brought home today. A few of these Jock and I had to put our heads together to decipher. Happy reading - if you can figure out what she's saying. Just a hint: she writes her d's backwards...
"I wons went up stars. To my moms anb Dabs rowm. I wochb a brby mowe. anb thin wochb a bvb. I bib not bo it with my perins."
"Won Day I went to my Grapus anb Gramos. I habe pop. I habe cace. I hab fun. I askb my DaD wy are we going to Grapus?."
On a list worksheet that has printed at the top, "My List of Healthy Habits":
1. "Dreking wotr."
2. "Dreking mellik."
3. "eting a sanbwich"
4. "sleping."
5. "Droching my teth." (first one I've seen where she switched a B to a D!)
"I WEnt owt sibe in my bake yrb anb my cusin. Che raseb me anb I no che wun the rase. I habe lose of fum."
"Won bay I winT to a HoTel!. I Loveb it. I Hab imanims. I Hab Lotso Goob Of fun. I Hab Sum 7 up it was osum! I sol my FReNb. I aNb EvRewon plaD Hib anD Go Sek. Wen we plab The baby wocolb." (This one Jock and I had trouble deciphering, because her lines weren't straight. imanims=M&Ms, osum=awesome, wocolb=woke up)
On another list worksheet that she has to write the title:
Title "My Toes."
1. "tebebaer"
2. "bolls" (this isn't balls - the picture she drew is of a doll)
3. "Art"
4. "Books"
"Won bay I hab to wock my bog. I Likb it. I hab fun. you wob like it. I seb to my mommy anb DaDDy that I Loveb Tenm. I Like you."
"I went to a frme. I likbe it. I hade fun. I hade jose. I saw a cow. I now thar wobe Be Thar." (now=knew, jose=juice)
Another list where she had to write the title:
Title "My frafRit Presobins."
1. "Brokobmo." (all one word)
2. "Jon MocKan" (the J was backwards but I can't replicate that here)
3. "Jowrg-W-Buch" (again a backwards J)
4. "Wochingtent"
"Wons I went to pik up my ukul jak. I likb it. I hab fun. I hab pup. My ulul jak went fr to my Hous. I seb wen jak went by-by I hop to see you sun. I wus sab that jak hab to go by-by." (although all the j's were backwards) (pup=pop - it's a treat around here.)
A letter form:
" 10-30-08
Dear Dad,
Dad Do you hav a hebak stel? I Hop you bont have a habak! last nite you bib not Fell gob. aRe you bRethibratib? I hop you Rnt.
Love
Kaylen."
(Jock get's headaches when he doesn't drink enough water - that big word is "dehydrated".)
A letter form:
" 10-30-08
Dear Mom,
I Love you. Wut aRe you booing? you aRe a veRe gob Mom! DiD you go TRik-owR-tReting? Mom is yowR bos happy becas your wRk.
Love
Kaylen"
(And all except for the two letters have awesome pictures to go with. I'll try to scan a few in - she's an excellent artist.)
3 comments:
Oh, it's a gift to be able to decipher developmental writing. Just kidding...it's just practice, lots and lots of practice. I've done it so long it really takes very little effort any more. (Although there are always a few kids who you read it and you have no idea.)
Awwwww!!!
imanims and osum are my favorite. why dont we all write like that!
Post a Comment