I had my LASIK consultation today, and I'm happy to say that I'm scheduled for IntraLASIK mid-January! I'm so excited, but kind of head-achey from dilated eyes. I'm sure glad it was cloudy today! Not sure I could've handled a sunny afternoon. I'm usually the one trying to get Jock to agree to turn the lights on at night, but tonight I was voting for eating dinner in the dark. I even had to dim my computer now that I can see it again. (I know, I'm such a complainer!)
Anyway, they checked my vision, measured my eyes a few different ways, then put the dilation drops in. Then they had me watch an informational movie and said it was a 15-minute movie. I'd have never known - I couldn't read my watch by the time it was over. Then the movie said I'd have to take a quiz to make sure I understood the movie. I'm sure glad I didn't have to do that - I wouldn't have been able to see it. They then checked my vision again to make sure it was consistent - you know, the compare 1 vs 2, many times over for each eye.
Then I saw the doctor. He's actually a friend of ours from the church we used to go to. He sped through the information about the surgery risks. I found myself having to concentrate really hard to pay attention - not sure if because my eyes were dilated, or because he really was going that fast. Then the nurse talked through the scheduling, how things go, and the pre/post-op instructions, etc. She held the papers up to show me, which didn't help - I couldn't see them. So, I re-read them a little bit ago. I think I'm ready... Well, I will be as soon as I sign up for the pre-tax medical flex account benefit at work (due this week), and then wait two months! That's gonna be hard, but I'm certain it'll be well worth the wait. To my glasses: Your days are numbered!
4 comments:
i'm green with envy.
Congrats!!! =) Love all the new pics...
envy from the great white north too. one of our ortho doc's just had it done and loves it. he swtill has dry eyes tho. maybe someday vince and i will try. he already has those dreaded bi-focals.
I went in for a consult and decided against it--twice. Maybe if I were younger.
Post a Comment