Monday, May 11, 2009

April 2009 Updates!

I’m a little delayed in getting this update posted. We’ve had a lot going on, and I don’t think things really slow down until June – if then – things tend to fill up in the summer too...

Here are our pictures of Elijah & Josephine that we received in April:


I just love Elijah’s smile. Josephine looks like she might have been smiling, but then they pulled the camera out and she became perplexed – just like she did for us when we were there in March. It takes her a bit to warm up to new things, which I guess I am happy about. Her eye looks healthy again soon - I think she may have had a touch of pink-eye when we were there in March.

Our process update for the month of April stated that our dossier is still in 2nd Legal. Our processor has obtained the abstracts of the adoption decrees, which are needed for MOI. I’m not exactly sure what that means, but I think/hope it means that they have our adoption decrees finalized and that they’re working on getting the archive papers on everything so we can be submitted to MOI.

I was told that 2nd Legal takes 2-3 months, so praying we’re on the short end of that timeframe, and that when we get our update for May processing (~June 1), that we’ll be in MOI.

Also, there has been no further progress towards getting Elijah’s birth mother and Josephine’s birth father in to the Embassy for their interviews. Please pray with us that they are both located, that they’re willing and able to come to the city, have their interviews, and the interviews are successful with no DNA requested.

I am, right now, choosing to cast my cares upon my Lord, believing and trusting in God to accomplish this and bring my children home.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

3 comments:

Bill and Christina said...

I am praying for you. God can move the mountains.

Christina

Katy said...

I am praying for your files to move SOON and for everything to fall into place...Sweet photos!

Kathy Cassel said...

I am in second legal too. So far I have been on the long end of each step. Maybe this will be my quick one.