Our wedding day:

After ~5 Years of marriage:

And now:
...
OK - so we've been trying to plan a date, which is no small task on a holiday weekend, when you have a child. I'm not sure that we still have anything planned, but we'll see. We'll at least find some time to do something fun. I may or may not be a "date", as we may have a 6-year-old tagalong. At the very least, we are planning to go out for lunch together though - Kaylen will be at school.
Jock surprised me with the most awesome anniversary gift last night when we got home from lighthouse. It's a painting of our family of 5. I couldn't even respond - I immediately started crying, and am still tearing up writing about it and looking at it. I never would have guessed - I thought my laptop for my birthday was going to be for all of this May's events. What a surprise!
He's been working with an artist friend of ours (she also took our family photos last fall) for a while now, to get it just right. If you need an artist, just let me know. I think she's got several paintings for sale. I didn't even knew she did special requests, but it's beautiful! The pictures below don't do it justice...

15 comments:
Wow! Neat picture! Happy Anniversary! Love, Amy
Brought tears to my eyes, too.
Happy Anniversary. Ten years is something to be very proud of.
We are honored to know you guys and can't wait to see the Lord bring our families to completion and share some more special times together!
Hope you find a great way to celebrate today.
Happy Anniversary!!!
The picture is amazing.
Christina
Happy Anniversary!! You still look so young! And the picture is wonderful!!
You look just as young as you did.
happy anniversary. I remember the day well. Very cool picture. take care, kathie
What a thoughtful gift. Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary!! 10 years, wow. The painting is wonderful. Score one big one for Jock!
What a great painting! Was Jock like 16 when you got married??!! He looks so young. Congratulations on 10 years. :)
Have a great celebration! What a beautiful picture.
Natalie - Jock and I were 23 and 22 when we got married. :) He still gets that - gets his youthful looks from his mom's side of the family!
We had a great anniversary - thanks everyone for the warm thoughts.
that is awesome!!!! jen
I know I'm late but Happy Anniversary!
Wow, what a special gift!
Post a Comment